The search for Miss Heilala 2012 is underway in Tonga.
Seven contestants have joined the competition and have a week of events before a winner is crowned on the evening of Friday 27th of July 2012.
The first judging event will be on Monday 23rd of July (Tonga time) where the Miss Heilala Pre-Pageant Interview will be held at the Davina House.
The next judging event is on Tuesday 24th of July which is the Miss Tau’olunga and then on Thursday 26th of July is the final Miss Heilala judging events – South Pacific Evening ( Island Creation, Talent & Sarong) ending with the Crowning of the Miss Heilala 2012 on Friday night.
Reigning Miss Heilala – Hinalei Liberty Afeaki is also in attendance to welcome the contestants and brief the girls of what lies ahead.
The candidates are:
1. Miss Loumaile Lodge – Audrey Lolohea
2. Miss Horizon Sun – Zola Tise Fauolo (Utah)
3. Miss Bou’s Fashion – Diamond Langi (New Zealand)
4. Miss Malo e lelei Travel – ‘Akinita Cecelia Maile (Hawaii)
5. Miss The Black Pearl Suites – Kathleen Walters
6. Miss Liahona Alumni – Ebony Nuku
7. Miss Lady Maria – Siulolo Tapu’osi Liku’one Ramsey
All judging events except the crowning of the Miss Heilala 2012 are free for the public to attend and are held at the Heilala Village on Pangai Lahi, Nuku’alofa.
Miss Heilala 2012 will go to represent the Kingdom of Tonga and run for the crown of Miss South Pacific which will be held in American Samoa later this year.