Kia Orana friends! This week we took a look at the things that were on the tip of our tongues this week from Val’s promotion to gold medal, the little white dress and Magic Mike. Also a batch of cupcakes always goes down well in the office so here we bring you our favourite things of the week.
1. Time to kick the LBD because the LWD is on its way in! The biggest trend this Spring/Summer is the little white dress which shouts feminine, beaches and bbq’s all in one. We love the idea of sprucing up your LWD with a dash of colour, like this lil number by designer Diane Von Furstenberg.
2. Our golden girl Valerie Adams was awarded her true placing this week when it was found out that Belarusian shot putter Nadzeya Ostapchuk had failed her drug test. The downside is Valerie was denied her golden moment but now plans are underway to throw Valerie a ceremony back here in New Zealand. We can’t wait and we hope you’ll all make it to see her receive her gold medal!
3. Cupcakes have boomed in the last few years with even our Pacific sisters getting in on the baking trend. Theme my party, a baking business started by Tongan Gisela Wolfgramm Tapealava in Sydney got us drooling in the office, it’s inspired us to get into our kitchens and give baking a go. Host a themed high tea party and serve some of these sweet treats to your gal pals. Even better – order from Gisela
4. It can’t always be all about us, so we’ve found a nice thing to do for the man in your life – treat him to his own moisturizer. A recent US poll found that 34 per cent of men use their partners’ beauty products. And that would be totally ok by us if all that moisturizing got the man in our lives glistening skin like Magic Mike Nivea For Men Rehydrating Moisturiser is a best seller and perfect for use every day.
5. Eye shadow palettes are perfect for girls on the go but it’s hard to find colors you like in one palette. Well the smart cookies at Revlon have just put out Revlon Midnight Express which has shimmery pearl, bone, matte black, khaki green, glittering bronze and deep aubergine cream-to-powder shadows. You’ll have sultry evening eyes in no time.
Catch you ladies next time! xx