Talofa ladies – what a week! With the Olympics winding down, it means back to the daily grind for many of us. But there’s still plenty more to look forward to, with Spring only weeks away for us down under. In the meantime we got together to note a few things that caught our eyes this week.
1. How often do you hear the motto ‘reach for the sky?’ well if you love the stars, constellations and nebulas just as much as we do, then put the stellar shine on your hands. It’s pretty simple: start with black polish, then dab on colours such as deep reds, deep greens and light purples. Add light blue, yellow with white dots for stars.
2. If you love cider then surely you will have heard of Rekorderlig. If not, you are MISSING out. It’s a Swedish drink that’s hugely popular in the United Kingdom, Australia and now New Zealand. Perfect for summer our favourite flavours are pear and strawberry-lime. Just add ice. Mmmm!
3. We’re lovers of perfume the Islandher team, with two favs this week so we’ll save one for next. This week we’re going with Issey Miyake limited edition Summer 2012 fragrance. The scent is exotic and inspired by an oasis in the middle of the desert to evoke the summer girl in you. And it smells great. Now lead me to the beach…
4. Like millions of others, we were captivated by the Olympic mens 100 metre final that we’re gona make like bolt and run with street style! So they may not make you run in under 10 seconds but your spirit will with some converse kicks. This pair from converse is called Jamaica and has a tropical feel you’ll be walking on cloud nine and looking cool in no time.
5. Finally it’s Cook Islands language week which is perfect timing for the launch of a new beauty skincare range called Te Tika. It’s produced using oils found only in the Cook Islands and is said to have skin regeneration properties. To celebrate their launch they’re running a competition on their facebook page to win a Te Tika skin care package (closes August 17). We’ve entered – you ought to too!
Koe kia for now x