Ia Orana ladies – woah where has the week gone?!
We’re loving the metal tipped (or capped) shoes that have kicked themselves on to the scene in a strong way! Plus a very cute discovery for Niue Island. And not to mention, the Olympics is now only two days away. Opening ceremony here we come!
1. Metal tipped heels are a strong trend alert which we couldn’t ignore. Kim Kardashian was definitely in the know when she rocked these Christian Louboutin pair.
But for those of us who don’t have designer budgets and still want to look fierce, they’re also available in other shoe outlets. Pastel coloured is the way forward ladies
Available online from TopShop
2. In recognition of the discovery of a rare blue butterfly, a species found only on the ‘Rock of Polynesia’ of Niue, we salute blue mascara! It’s called the Niue Blue because if you look closely, there’s a peek of blue on the tip of its wings, so cute. So stray away from the usual black mascara and be more daring with a bit of blue to flutter those lashes.
3. Hair braids have been around for centuries and are looking even better today. Yeah they take time but are so worth the end result! The styles are endless from the classic French braid to more elaborate styles. Hair braids provide a great alternative especially if you get bored with the same hairstyle every day. Turn heads with some of our favourites.
4. If you’re going to speak your mind girl why not let your lips look good at the same time? MAC lip conditioner with SPF15 is great for hydrating dry and cracked lips. It’s definitely worth spending more to have this very effective lip care product to make your lips be healthy and beautiful!
5. Oh how we can’t wait for the weekend. Us girls have been working so hard it is only fair to rewards our efforts with a taste of summer cocktail in our hands. This guava margarita is top of our list and is simple to make.
• 1 ½ oz. Tequila Avión Reposado
• 1 oz. Guava Puree
• 1 oz. Fresh Lime Sour
Place ingredients in a shaker over ice. Shake until frothy and strain over fresh ice and garnish with toasted coconut flakes.
So come Friday night and when you’re holding a drink in your hand, let’s make a toast to the Olympics and let the games begin! xo