Wooo! The Olympics are now just 10 days away! We’re hanging out to watch some sporting prowess and A-game athleticism to not just appreciate the wonders and skill of the human body – but hopefully inspire us to be kick ass fit and healthy too. And a bit of eye candy wouldn’t hurt either
Here are our favorite things from around the world for this week, from an Island girl’s perspective xx
1. So speaking of fitness, we as a team decided to use the Olympics as a way to jump start our exercise regimes. One of us joined a new gym, another returned to the gym and another has joined a social netball team. Rather than spending on coffee/lunches/dinner, why not splash out on some shoes that will help motivate you to exercise and feel like an Olympian.
Put a picture on your fridge to help keep you fitness focused like we did with Fiji’s sprinter Danni Alakija on the cover of this months’ Mai Life Magazine.
2. Maps seem to never fold back to their original shape which is why we loving crumpled maps. They’re soft, extra-light and still look good screwed up! Best of all they’re 100% waterproof. They’ve got most of the world’s interesting cities for you big travelers out there although we couldn’t find any for the Pacific. Still if you’re an Island girl heading out on a big adventure – definitely a must have for your bag.
3. Elvis was totally on to it when he crooned about his blue suede shoes. And now it’s time to kick up your own fuss with this pretty pair. Be dazzling with every step you take. The bit we love is they’re a good certified height for girls who are a little bit heavier
Blue suede and gold glitter mix peep toe shoes with curve heel. From Topshop.
4. Over the weekend Fiji Fashion Week held their annual Sulu and Jaba competition in Fiji. The Sulu and Jaba is the traditional choice of outfit for women, much like the puletasi for Samoan women. Putting your own spin on Pacifica clothing we think is cool. We ran an article on the winners but we in the office loved this. And the model totally rocks it.
5. This season naturally textured hair has been called a “trend to follow.” Thank goodness for that. I’ve been fighting serum and oil to tame my mane especially with all the rough weather we’ve been having. Now I can call my windblown hair ‘fashionable’ lol. Beyonce’s House of Deréon’s Spring 2012 line features all kinds of textured hairstyles, fashion blogger Christina Caradona commands attention with her naturally big hair and actress Denise Richards is even getting in on the look. We liiiike.
Catch you beauties later ;p xx